BIG EAST CONFERENCE STATEMENT ON ATHLETICS AND COVID-19
Thursday, March 19, 2020
Consistent with Governor Evers' Executive Order issued on Friday, March 13, 2020, the Big East Conference has updated athletic participation limitations.
There will be no athletics at any Big East Conference School beginning Tuesday March 17, 2020, and extending at the minimum to Monday, April 13, 2020. (This will be updated as more information becomes available.)
- This includes all participation including, but not limited to training, practices, scrimmages, and contests.
- Schools and/or coaches may not bring students together during this time period for extracurricular or athletic purposes such as practices or other instructional/organizational purposes.
- Schools and/or coaches may not be involved with students during this time period to provide instruction for practice purposes.
- Coaches may provide individual workouts virtually
- Coaches may not encourage or organize their team to practice. This means there should be no "captains practices".