Welcome to the Northview Elementary IMC!
Mrs. Jennifer Henschel, Library Media Specialist
Mrs. Robin Lindquist, Library Assistant
Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Visit our online catalog HERE to find both print and electronic resources (e-books) available for borrowing in our library.
Access our OverDrive catalog of e-books HERE. These books are available to download to your digital device (Kindle, iPad, SMART phone, tablet computer, or even your laptop/desktop computer). Use your student ID number preceded by the letter P to log in and borrow e-books. Ask for more information & assistance in the library. Find detailed instructions HERE.
Visit our General Resourcespage or a specific subject's page using the navigation bar on the left to find links and information on educational and entertaining websites.
Goals & Instruction:
It is our goal to encourage reading both for learning and pleasure and to help equip students with the information literacy skills necessary to thrive in today's technology-oriented world. We hope to contribute to a lifelong love of literature and learning. To achieve these goals we encourage students to visit the library at least once a week to check out materials. We hope to teach sharing and responsibility for proper use of school property.
In addition to responsible use of library materials, we teach skills in online catalog use, shelf arrangement, locating items, independent use of the library, and research using the Internet. These concepts are integrated into the existing curriculum at the different grade levels through weekly library instruction, flexible scheduling, and collaboration with the classroom teacher.
Library Policies & Procedures:
The basic expectations for sharing the Northview Elementary IMC's collection of materials are as follows:
- Students may check out one to three items, depending on grade level.
- Students must bring back borrowed library materials before borrowing additional items
- Students in 4K through third grades are expected to return (or renew) items within one week of checking them out. Students in fourth grade are expected to return (or renew) items within two weeks of checking them out. (No fines are charged for the late return of materials.)
- Students who forget to return materials on time will be given a reminder. It is expected that students will return those items as soon as possible.
- If an item is damaged, it should be returned to the IMC immediately for repair.
- If an item is lost or damaged beyond repair, students are expected to contribute the replacement cost of the item.
- Should a lost item (that has been paid for) be found within the school year in which it was lost, the money will be refunded as soon as possible.
- Students may reserve, or place a hold on, items. They will be notified when it is their turn to check out the items.