Dear Howards Grove Families and Community, March 13, 2020
As some of you may have heard, State Superintendent Carolyn Stanford Taylor issued a statement today in regard to Gov. Tony Evers’ executive order, ordering the closure of Wisconsin schools after the school day Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
Our initial plan moving forward is as follows:
- Monday, March 16th and Tuesday, March 17th school will open as normal. We will be taking steps so all students in grades 3-12 have a device to take home for virtual learning. We are working with teachers on providing remote learning opportunities in JK-2. More information to come.
- Wednesday, March 18th will be a staff only day so teachers can plan accordingly.
- Starting on Thursday, March 19th we will resume instruction remotely.
- We will be cancelling all after school activities on Monday and Tuesday as well. No practices or activities until further notice.
- Parent Teacher conferences are cancelled.
These are just the first steps we can communicate to you at this time. Hopefully this early information can help you to prepare for the closure. We anticipate this closure could go through spring break. We will communicate more information to you as soon as it becomes available.
Please be aware that the DHS also recommends against non-essential travel to any U.S. state where the CDC deems there is “sustained community transmission” of COVID-19. As of now, that includes California, New York and Washington. DHS recommends that you and anyone you traveled with self-quarantine at home for 14 days and monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.
This event is changing very rapidly. Our goal is to keep our students, staff, and community safe. We will communicate any updates to you as quickly as possible.
Chris Peterson, Superintendent