Dear Howards Grove Families and Community, March 15, 2020
We want to reach out to all of you this evening as a follow-up from our Friday communication with some additional updates. Our plan, as presented on Friday, is unchanged. The latest information from the Sheboygan County Health Depart as of noon today (03/15/2020) is we are still considered a LOW risk county. There are only 3 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Sheboygan County. We continue to be in direct contact with DHS daily and monitoring the situation as it evolves.
Just to reiterate our plan moving forward is as follows:
- Monday, March 16th and Tuesday, March 17th school will open as normal. We will be taking steps so all students in grades 3-12 have a device to take home for virtual learning. We are working with teachers on providing remote learning opportunities in JK-2.
- Wednesday, March 18th will be a staff only day so teachers can plan accordingly.
- Starting on Thursday, March 19th we will resume instruction remotely.
- We will be cancelling all after school activities on Monday and Tuesday as well. No practices or activities until further notice.
- Parent Teacher conferences are cancelled. Northview Elementary will have a regular day on Tuesday (dismissal at 3:45).
Tomorrow (Monday, March 16th) we will be meeting with key personnel to coordinate available resources for students and families. Over the next several days, please expect daily communication with updates.
While Sheboygan continues to be a low risk county, we want to continue to stress the DHS recommendation against non-essential travel to any U.S. state where the CDC deems there is “sustained community transmission” of COVID-19. Additionally, please continue to wash hands often, cough/sneeze into your elbow, avoid touching your face, practice social distancing (3ft), and stay home if you feel sick. These proactive steps will help reduce the spread of any virus.
This event is changing very rapidly. Our goal is to keep our students, staff, and community safe. We will communicate any updates to you as quickly as possible.
Sincerely, Chris Peterson, Scott Fritz, Heather Zizis, and Jason Cole