PATH (Providing Access to Healing) Counseling is a program which breaks down barriers for students to receive mental health counseling. PATH is a partnership between the United Way of Sheboygan County, Lakeshore Community Health Care, and the School District of Howards Grove. PATH is unique in that it allows students to receive mental health counseling right at school during the school day. The PATH program may also provide financial assistance for students whom this may be a barrier.
PATH is currently at Northview, the Middle School, and High School. For more information or to make a referral, please contact School Social Worker Anna McCarthy at firstname.lastname@example.org, Middle School Counselor Jessica Luecke at email@example.com or Elementary School Counselor Amy Pfeifer at firstname.lastname@example.org
MHA Lakeshore and Healthy Sheboygan County Resource Roadmaps
MHA Lakeshore and Healthy Sheboygan County have recently published multiple Mental Health Roadmaps created specifically for our community.
**Roadmaps have been translated into Hmong and Spanish and are available on the Sheboygan County website ***
Student and Family Assistance Program (SFAP)
- Parents / Caregivers - call 1-800-236-3231 and let them know you are a School District of Howards Grove family. After a brief consultation conversation to access which services are the best match for your needs, you will be connected to a service professional to start working through your personal or family challenge.
That's it, there is only one step! Confidential support services are available at no charge, to ALL district students and their families regardless of income, insurance, no insurance, family size, living situation, etc. There is no paperwork involved and services are available in both English and Spanish. Advocate Aurora's team of professionals can assist students and families struggling with concerns like:
- Stress, anxiety and depression
- Peer and relationship struggles
- Parenting challenges
- Academic pressure
- Family crises
- Alcohol/drug issues
- Personal, family, or environment factors that impact academic performance and personal wellbeing
SDHG families manage challenging events throughout life's ages and stages:Advocate Aurora SFAP also offers the following services to help
- Childcare - including special scheduling/service needs
- Adoption - including initial and on-going family supports
- Financial - including debt concerns or college funding
- Eldercare - including independent living, nursing homes, and in-home care
- Legal Consultation - including mediation, estate planning, marriage, and custodial
2nd Annual Community Mental Health Night
Tuesday, February 21, 2023
Howards Grove Center for the Arts
Speakers, Presenters, Resouce Fair Participants:
- Rogers Behavioral Health
- Sheboygan County Sheriff
- Mental Health America
- Safe Harbor
- Ozaukee Community Therapies
- Howards Grove School District Nurse
- And More!!!